Announcing the winners of our 50th Anniversary Science Communication Competition
The FEBS Journal’s 50th anniversary is a celebration of our community—after all, if it were not for our dedicated authors, referees and readers, the journal would have long ago ceased to exist. Therefore, we invited our community to join the celebration by hosting a science communication competition aimed at describing a scientific concept or advance in the life sciences in written, video, cartoon or animation form.
We were delighted by the response. We received thoughtful, interesting pieces on a wide variety of topics. Selecting the winners was not an easy task. In the end, we thought that three entries captured the spirit of the competition in terms of relevance, accuracy and appeal to a broad audience.
The winners of The FEBS Journal’s 50th Anniversary Science Communication Competition are:
Antoinette Fong, for her video on the differences between subcutaneous and visceral fat
Diego Estrada-Rivadeneyra, for his poster on Sanger sequencing
V Mitheera, for her video on exercise and endorphins
- State-of-the-Art Reviews
- Discovery-in-Context Reviews
- Structural Snapshots
- All Free Review Content
- Editor's Choice
- Minireview Series
- Special Issues
- Virtual Issues
- Press Releases from The FEBS Journal
- The FEBS Journal Richard Perham Prize
- The FEBS Journal Talk and Poster Prizes
- FEBS Congress abstracts
- Our Special Issue on Malaria is out!
Check out these excellent reviews and primary research articles covering the latest advances in malaria research
- Our Special Issue on Proteases and Proteolysis in Health and Disease is out! Check out these excellent reviews that cover a broad range of topics in this field
- The winner of the 2017 Richard Perham Prize has been announced - congratulations to Sebastian Bittner of University Hospital of Regensburg, Germany! Read his winning paper.
- Check out our Special Issue on CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing!
Nine free reviews cover topics from the initial discovery of CRISPR in bacteria to designing guide RNAs...
- The FEBS Journal Special Issue on Cell Death Control is out!
The thirteen specially commissioned reviews from experts in the field cover a broad spectrum of topics.