Aims and Scope
The FEBS Journal is an international peer-reviewed Journal devoted to publication of high-quality papers reporting significant advances in the molecular life sciences. Acceptance decisions are based on the originality and quality of the research and its prospective interest to a wide readership. Papers submitted to The FEBS Journal should provide novel perspectives on a biologically relevant problem and be of interest to a broad readership.
The scope of the Journal is broad and inclusive. We are particularly interested in papers in which state-of-the-art approaches are applied to bring novel insight into molecular and cellular mechanisms that underlie the functions of molecules, cells and organisms. The Journal also welcomes manuscripts of an interdisciplinary nature, including systems approaches that address fundamental concepts in molecular, cellular or organismal biology.
The Journal does not accept papers that lack biological insight. Papers describing bioinformatic analysis, modelling or structural studies of specific systems or molecules should include experimental data.
The FEBS Journal also publishes Reviews, Minireviews, Viewpoints and Snapshots on a wide range of topics. These pieces are specially commissioned by our Editorial team and are selected on the basis of their interest to a wide readership. In addition, the Journal publishes Special Issues that provide detailed insight into a specific scientific field.
The areas of interest of The FEBS Journal include, but are not limited to:
● Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
● Developmental Biology
● Enzymology and Chemical Biology
● Evolutionary Biology
● Molecular and Cell Biology
● Molecular Mechanisms in Health and Disease
● Molecular Microbiology
● Molecular Neurobiology
● Pathogens and Infection
● Signal Transduction
● Stem Cells
● Structural Biology
● Systems Biology and Synthetic Biology
Why publish in The FEBS Journal? Read about the key features of the Journal here.
- State-of-the-Art Reviews
- Discovery-in-Context Reviews
- Structural Snapshots
- All Free Review Content
- Editor's Choice
- Minireview Series
- Special Issues
- Virtual Issues
- Press Releases from The FEBS Journal
- The FEBS Journal Richard Perham Prize
- The FEBS Journal Talk and Poster Prizes
- FEBS Congress abstracts
- The FEBS Journal is 50 years old! We’re celebrating with a science communication competition. Send us your creative, inspiring entries by September 14th for a chance to win €500!
- Our Special Issue on Proteases and Proteolysis in Health and Disease is out! Check out these excellent reviews that cover a broad range of topics in this field
- The winner of the 2017 Richard Perham Prize has been announced - congratulations to Sebastian Bittner of University Hospital of Regensburg, Germany! Read his winning paper.
- Check out our Special Issue on CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing!
Nine free reviews cover topics from the initial discovery of CRISPR in bacteria to designing guide RNAs...
- The FEBS Journal Special Issue on Cell Death Control is out!
The thirteen specially commissioned reviews from experts in the field cover a broad spectrum of topics.